Thursday, August 12, 2010

Landscape: Jersey Shore Umbrella's

This is the beach umbrella rental stand at the entrance to the beach I'm staying at. I have been on vacation with family and friends all week and did not get in as much painting as I had wanted. This is my first plein air sketch. Not sure why I have never painted en plein air before.  It was fun, but very different. It reminded me of camping verses staying in a hotel! Lots of movement and stuff going on around me but not as distracting as I thought it would be. It took me about 1 1/2 hours so the sun was not a problem, except for it beating down on my head and frying my brain! A note for next time; wear a HAT not a visor. This scene has major editing done to it. After they removed two umbrellas and a chair while I was sketching in I knew I was in trouble, so wipe out, do over and keep it simple I did!         

No comments: